Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sugar....yummy!

And I don't mean the kind you eat (although I don't usually turn that down, either. I've got a killer sweet tooth. Not good for a diabetic, but that's another post for another time. Maybe never). Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Sugary sweet stuff, this time from Sugar Nellie. They've got a new line of adorable images. I love them! I had to purchase two of the digis right away, but it took me a few days to get one colored up and onto a card. I didn't think I had another card in me tonight. I tried one earlier and just hit a wall. Plus, I just wasn't feeling terribly motivated or energetic this evening. Then I colored this cutie pie. I sat her to the side, to put on a card later. I swear, this little girl started calling to me. No, really. I mean, I felt drawn to my scrap table and the next thing I knew, I was finding papers in my scrap pile, tossing some flowers around, and so on. This is what I came up with:
The card is based on a sketch at The Sugar Bowl. It's sketch #51. You can find this adorable digi here. I colored her with copics:
shoes: W1, 3, 5, 7
dress: R81, 83, 85, R000
cardigan: B91, 93, 95
socks: R000, R81
hair: Y21, 23, 26, 00 (or maybe it was 000. I don't remember!)

The scrunchy ribbon was on clearance at Walmart ages ago. With the exception of the crocheted flower, the flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts. The little metal tag on the right says "celebrate". Cardstock is Bazzill. The patterned paper is from my scraps, but I don't know who made it. I got the doily in the cake section at Michael's.

Well, this may be my last post for a day or two. It's back to work tomorrow! It promises to be another busy week, too. That's okay, because busy is always better than bored! Have a great week.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Fabulous!!! She is gorgeous!! I love all the embellies you used on here. I love the flowers you used. Look at all the pearls!! so much to look at, love it!!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Gina, she is so sweet. and wow you made a wonderful card for her to rest on.....

Sara I. said...

Stunning!!! I could sit and look at this forever!