Monday, January 2, 2012

Friend to Friend

I know, I know. I disappeared for a couple of weeks. Sorry about that. The holiday hubbub drew me in and kept me running! Then this weekend came and I got so much done. I even got some time to create. I already showed you the three cards I made for the soldier's family. This card is for a dear friend of mine who just needs a pick-me-up. She's a generous, kind soul and although she struggles with health issues, she continues to put her own needs to the side for others. I tease her that I am going to teach her how to say "no". Truly, though, her giving nature is one of the many things I love about her. Now if I could just get her to see that she needs to take care of herself, too....


Anyway, I used my new DCWV stack of adhesive fabric paper. That stuff is REALLY sticky. Everything else is from my stash. I know that the ecru lace was on sale at a Joann's when it was closing its doors, the pink rose ribbon is from Hancock Fabrics (I think), the pink leaves are from Joann's dollar spot, and I bought the crocheted flower in a lot on ebay. The pink polka dot border is a self-adhesive fabric border, but I don't know which company makes it. The lined paper is a journaling spot from Heidi Swapp. Oh, and the fabric leaves are Prima. I think that covers almost all of it.

As always, thanks for looking!! I sincerely appreciate your comments, but I haven't figured out yet how to change the comment section to say so. I'm a bit of a techno-idiot like that.

Oh, yeah! I almost forgot!!! I started this card using a sketch over at Cardabilities. It's sketch #46. Go check it out!!!

2 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

Beautiful Gina! Your friend is going to love it! HUGS

Trina said...

Dag, you do have a lot of cards posted this month!! You rocked all of them, too!