Friday, July 13, 2012

You don't really want to hear me sing

So, the challenge at Guylou's Inimitability is to include something related to music or dance. My DT buddy Carla came up with the idea. She's always so chipper and happy, it's no wonder she came up with such a joyful theme. Me, I can be a bit of a cranker. Plus, I can't dance. I have no rhythym whatsoever. Furthermore, I can't sing to save my life. I mean, it's bad. People covering their ears and running bad. If I sent one of my friends or family a card that made them in any way think of me singing, they'd probably cringe instead of enjoy it. So needless to say, I didn't want to go with any images of someone with a microphone, although G has quite a few wonderful ones in her store (go check it out!). Instead, I decided to use music note paper and a bird, because everyone knows that birds sing all pretty-like. Except when they are sqwuaking (or however you spell that word. You get the gist). Then they sound like me.
I'm going to apologize now if there's spacing issues or anything once I inserted the pic. My computer at work (where I am posting from...shh...) seems to hate Blogger. I can only see half of the screen, so I'm working kind of blind here. Because of that, I'm going to stop this post now. You have until July 26th to enter the challenge. Head on over to Guylou's Inimitability for more details about the challenge, and you can also check out my sidebar for links to the blogs of my fab DT mates!


3 comments:

Carla S. said...

Your post is too funny, Gina! Definitely made me smile! Love your card, too! Great layout and details and terrific coloring of the cute image! Hope you have a great weekend!

Kim Kelley said...

You crack me up! This is too cute! Love the added Bird cage. And how you changed the cupcake to a bird! Gorgeous coloring! HUGS

Two Dogs and a Book said...

You are so funny!!! I love to read your posts!!! Your card is gorgeous! I love it!! Thanks again for your great support and for being such a wonderful friend.
Cheers!
G