Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Playing along at Elisabeth Bell's World and first snow of the season

I can't believe it snowed on Christmas Eve. I think it's the first time we've had snow here near Annapolis, MD at this time of year in, well...years. Mind you, it didn't really accumulate, but it sure was pretty as it came down. So white and fluffy! And that really non-subtle statement takes me into the next thing. I'm a guest DT for Elisabeth Bell's World challenge this month, which is "fluffy white snowflakes". I am so excited, because I love Elisabeth Bell's work. She is amazingly talented. Anyway, what a fun challenge for the month, don't you think? I know that Christmas cards are mostly mailed, but you can start on your cards for next year or even make any kind of wintry card for those winter birthdays, thinking of you, whatever occasion you've got coming up. Just make sure to use an Elisabeth Bell image and snowflakes, and upload your card to the challenge blog. Details HERE. And while you're there, check out the beautiful cards but the EBW DT. I always find their stuff to be very inspiring and stunning.

This is the card I created for the challenge. Notice all of the little snowflakes hiding in the flowers?

Just in case you need a closer look at this adorable little angel, here she is in all of her glory:

I colored her with copics, added some liquid pearls, and then cut her out with a spellbinders die. Note to self: next time, cut the image first, before adding the liquid pearls. Duh.

I'm headed out to WV today to visit the cemetary where my husband is buried. Well, that's the hope, anyway. Depends on the weather. Right now, the snow has stopped and things are looking clear, so I might be taking a drive. It's a beautiful drive and always brings me a measure of peace to "visit" his final resting place. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas full of peace, love, family and friends. Huge holiday extended bear hugs (and in case you don't know me, that's saying something. I'm not big on that extended hug thing! I'm a grab 'em quick and let 'em go girl, usually). Merry Christmas!!!

5 comments:

Carla S. said...

Your card is gorgeous, Gina! I love the soft colors you used and the beautiful image! Your coloring is wonderful and the bow is so pretty! Wishing you peace and love this Christmas and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Gina---glad to have you join us as guest this month at EBWORLD !!! Very sweet and beautiful card!!!
Biggest hugs

Pami said...

Beautiful card Gina, what a fabulous bow! Thanks for joining us at EBW this month, good luck! Pami x

RoseC said...

Gina, your softly colored angel looks fabulous on this pretty snow-themed card. Lovin' those snowflakes sprinkled throughout your flower cluster too! So glad you could join us as a GDT and happy to see your entry at the Elisabeth Bell's World "Fluffy White Snowflakes" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Pysselbus said...

Such a precious card!! This image is adorable and I looove the little snowflakes!! Thank's for joining us at EBWC this month!
Hugs
Linda