Friday, January 25, 2013

Whimsy DT Application for March

So, as you can see, I decided to keep this title free of puns or otherwise potentially confusing wording. For once, my title is very cut-and-dried, can't-miss-what-I-mean. I didn't want anyone on the Whimsy Team to miss it. :)

If you can't guess from the straightforward title (I know, it's confusing because I'm just not usually so...well...dry with my titles, unless we're discussing dry humor), I am applying to be on the Whimsy DT as a guest designer for March.

I've been a fan of Whimsy Stamps for a while. I love the fact that you can find so many things there, from beautiful digi papers, to adorable and fun stamps in both rubber and digi to shaped sentiments with special dies just to cut them out. How cool is that, and so super easy, too? They even have personalized stamps, as I know because I just got one. LOVE! I used it for the first time on the back of my card below. I think it was appropriate to break it in with a Whimsy image, don't you?

So, this is my brand spankin' new card that I just made tonight, with this DT call and my friend Barb in mind. This sweet girl is from Elisabeth Bell's Cottage Cuties collection and her name is SkippyDee. We can't forget her furry little friend, too. That's Bella. I'm a cat person, so I love when Elisabeth puts Bella with her images.
The design is based on sketch #54 at CLP Challenge Blog. Papers are Prima Songbird that I distressed and inked. Embellishments from my stash. I colored SkippyDee and Bella with copics. Here goes with the colors (I tend to use a lot, so this could take a while):
Skin: E11, E00, E000 and R20 for the cheeks
Hair: E25, E31, E50
Hat: E40, E41, E42
Scarf: R20, R21, R22 and a green spica pen for the polka dots
Shirt: G20, G21, G24 (it's a lot more muted than it looks like in this pic)
Pants: E41, E42, E44
Bella: Y28 (bell), C1, C3, C5
Log: E23, E57, E59
 
I think it would be so much fun to participate as a guest DT for the March new release. Not only because I'd get to work alongside some amazing artists (truth, not brown-nosing, just so you know), but let's be honest - I'd get a huge kick out of being one of the first to see the new products. Don't fib; you know you'd want to have that honor, too. Plus, their products always inspire me to create. I wasn't much good at work today; I kept picturing cards to make in my head. Good thing it was a slow Friday.
 
Just in case my new card doesn't showcase enough of my crafting style for the DT to make a decision, here are two of my older creations:



I recently purchased some Sylvia Zet stamps, too, and hope to create with those later this weekend, so keep your eyes peeled!

Pssssstttt....Whimsy Team, March is my birthday month. Don't you think it'd be a great gift to let me design for your team? Not that there's any pressure or guilt tripping going on or anything. Really.

My first card is also for the following challenges:
CLP: sketch 54
Elphine House: vintage
Elisabeth Bell's World: vintage Valentine

14 comments:

Sara I. said...

I think it would be an amazing birthday present and they would be lucky to have you - lots of luck on the GDT call! I'm crossing my fingers for you!
This card is GORGEOUS! I Absolutely love the colors you chose for her and you did an amazing job coloring her. The heart die cuts are totally fab and love the shabby corner piece! Beautiful lace and love all the distressing going on. A total stunner :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, love the colours and sweet images, Thanks so much for joining our challenges at Elphinehouse and EBW and good luck with your DT call
Hugs julie P

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness these are ALL gorgeous creations with several of Elisabeth Bell's darling images!! Soft colors and beautiful lace details! Thanks for playing along with us at the Elphine House Challenges! Hope that you will join us again in the next challenge and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

P.S. good luck with the EHA stamp blog candy too!!

Lynda Nielsen said...

awww Gina, these are all beautiful creations... Your coloring is gorgeous, and oh how I love seeing those Elisabeth Bell images. Wishing you all the best with the Whimsy DT Call. That would be awesome if you made it!
Thanks so much for joining us at Elphine House Australia this week., we hope to see you again.
Big Hugs,
Lynda

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous creations, Gina! Love them all! Good luck with the Whimsy GDT call!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh wow Gina, these are amazing. Love them all, the designs, the colors, your gorgeous coloring, and those fantastic embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Elphine House Australia this week. Best of luck Gina as I'm pulling for you make the team. What an awesome birthday gift so well deserved. "Hugs"

Kim Kelley said...

Good luck my friend! You would so deserve it! These projects are gorgeous. Fingers crossed.
HUGS

Elphine House said...

Hi Gina! Thanks for playing with us at the latest Elphine House challenge. Love that you've shared so many beautiful creations in your post!

Audhild said...

Your cards are all beautiful. Thank you for joining the EHA challenge.

Hugs,Audhild

Pami said...

Simply gorgeous card!! Thanks for sharing with us at EBW this month, good luck! Pami x

stitch-and-greet said...

WOW! Fab artworks! Greetings from Austria (Vienna, Renata

alethea said...

All your cards are gorgeous!! Hope you got the guest DT spot!!! Thanks for joining us at EBW! HUgsxx

Mary Lou said...

Whoa these are FABULOUS!!!! Lovely sweet images indeed!! Thanks for joining us at EBWorld!!!
Hugs

RoseC said...

Gina, your beautifully colored SkippyDee with Bella looks fabulous on this sweetly layered and distressed card. So glad to see your entry at the Elisabeth Bell's World "Vintage Valentine" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose