Friday, June 14, 2013

Whoops! This post is way overdue!!!

My friend Sara's birthday was way back in the early part of the month. I made her a card but didn't want to post it since she is a frequent visitor to this blog. Well, she told me that she got the card, loved it, and so forth. Yeah, that was something like 10 days ago. I should have posted it long before now. Better late than never, as the saying goes. Plus, I am going to a crop tomorrow and don't feel like packing, so posting on my blog allows me to do something other than pack and yet still feel productive. So, here she is:


She's an adorable stamp from Sweet Pea, illustrated by Conie Fong. She's called "Flowers on the Beach" and you can find her here. Isn't she precious? This card has a lot of my typical crafting style, which is to say, grab any nearby embellishment and toss it at the card until something suits. As you can see, lots of metal, flowers, punches, stick pins, even a button and some cheesecloth. I also played around a bit with some frantage. I think the silver frantage works great with this image; it looks kind of black Hawaiian beachy. I'm waiting on some of the white frantage, though. I ordered it a while ago but it got held up. Darnit all. I am not patient and hate waiting!
This cutie was colored with copics. I've added some bling in the flower centers. I also distressed the edges of the papers, which are Graphic 45. I guess that's about it. I have to go pack now. I don't feel like it, but it would kind of suck to go to a crop with nothing to do all day!!! Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

No comments: