Sunday, July 7, 2013

Just under the wire

When I visited my friend Sara last weekend, we spent some quality time with our copics, coloring away. I came home with colored images, all ready to be smacked down onto some cards. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find the time to do so. Or, if I had the time, my motivation just wasn't there. Enter the Mojo Monday sketch. I love playing along with sketches and this one is pretty awesome. So, I started rooting around in my papers (of which I have tons, so this took a while) and my colored images, trying to find an image that might work. When I found this cute little image from Whimsy and the papers to match her, I checked this week's Whimsy challenge and guess what? Ribbon and lace. Yeah, I can do that. The hard part about that is choosing which piece of ribbon and lace to use, since I have three huge drawers full. I'm a crafting hoarder. What can I say?

Anyway, with the Whimsy and Mojo Monday challenges in mind, an image I colored last weekend in hand and pretty papers on my desk, this is the creation that emerged:

For the following challenges:
Mojo Monday - sketch 300
Whimsy Inspirations - ribbon and lace

For all of my American friends, I hope you had an amazing 4th, and that while watching fireworks, you remembered our wonderful military who do so much for us.

5 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So darling. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday 300!

Sara I. said...

This is gorgeous sweetie! I love the deep blue flower you created and the fab papers that are perfect with her. Beautifully detailed as always!

I had a blast with you!!! Can't wait to do it again *and hopefully soon*!

~hugs
me

Trina said...

This is lovely!! You and Sara need to take a road trip and come down to GA! I will call Rox and Chana over, and we can have a Google Hangout with the rest of the GI crew! :D

LindaS said...

Beautiful card and colors. I really like your cluster.

Tracy S said...

This is adorable as usual! I love all the cool detail that you used. That photo corner is the bomb!