Friday, January 3, 2014

Wow, that was a long hiatus!

And I really have no excuse whatsoever. I didn't create as much as usual during that time from October 20th until now. However, some cards made their way into the world from my grubby little hands, although how they failed to end up here...well, let's not speculate. I apologize to those who have followed me in the past and may have stopped because I just dropped off the face of the earth. If you continued to follow this blog, thank you! Anyway, my friend Sara and I sort of cyber-crafted together today. She's in NJ. I'm in MD. She picked a sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp, then we both set about making cards based on that sketch. We used images that we had colored during prior visits to her house. That's our idea of fun: we grab a few drinks, some snacks, and the copics, then plop our butts down at her dining room table and gab while we color. It's fabulous. Sometimes, her three daughters join us with their own markers or colored pencils. It's fun to see what they come up with. Ok, shutting up now. Here's the card:
It's for another wonderful person in my life named Angie. She took the time to make me an adorable crocheted owl pouch just for me. It makes me smile every time my eyes wander that way. To top it off, she has some kind of mental powers that told her when it'd be best to mail the little guy; I received him on what had otherwise been a bad day. He made the day so much better! Thank you, Angie, for your caring and generosity. It means so much to me.

Deets about the card: DP is MME. Image and sentiment are from Whimsy Stamps. The image is by Sylvia Zet (Wee stamps). Is this little pair too cute? Colored with copics, with glossy accents and stickles added. Embellishments are from my stash. Doodles done with a black sharpie. Lots of pop dots to add dimension. I think that about covers it. I had fun crafting "with" my friend Sara today. Do you like to craft alone or with someone?

Challenges:
Sunday Sketch and Stamp: sketch 154
7 Kids College Fund: Anything Goes

5 comments:

Karen said...

This is such a lovely card, Gina... made even lovelier since it was made with a beautiful friend for another sweet friend! :o) The image is adorable and I love the shell-shaped sentiment base and colorful background. Wonderfully crafted! Thank you for playing along with us at 7 Kids College Fund!
Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Karen said...

Such a beautiful card! So very pretty and sweet. Thanks for joining us at 7KidsCollegeFund.com.
Karen

Trina said...

Our blogs are fighting for a most neglected title! *Yours is barely winning! :D This is cute. I'm sure Angie loved it!

Angela B. said...

Seriously, did it take me this long to see this posting! Thank you for the sweet comments! I loved making that owl pouch for you and so pleased it arrived on a day you were needing a pick me up. I love it when that happens! :D Much hugs to you and so sorry it took me this long to wander over to your blog! Eeek!

Angela B. said...

One more thing, I adore this card and still have it today along with some wonderful goodies you had sent me! Thank you for being an awesome friend!