Monday, June 25, 2018

Teensy weensy

It's me again. Check it out...two posts in less than a month. I'm getting back to this blogging thing. Don't fall over from the shock of it or anything.

CC Designs was having a challenge in their Facebook group to make twinchies. I confess, I had no flipping idea what in the heck a "twinchie" could be. My brain automatically went to food. I don't like twinkies, so my initial reaction was not a good one (sorry, Christine). However, I was also intrigued. I love to learn and discover new things. One of the DT had posted their card as an example, but let's be honest: unless there's a ruler involved, it's hard to tell scale from a photo. But....Google is my friend. Google had an answer, as usual.

In case you are woefully uninformed like me, a twinchie is a 2x2 card. That's two inches by two inches, folks! That is one TINY card. I've made 4x4 cards before, but never a teensy weensy 2x2 card. I confess that I was flummoxed. I started going through my images in Evernote, trying to figure out which one I wanted to use. Then...DUH...it smacked me upside the head. I had the cute little turtle I'd colored when making my last card (see previous blog post). Then I didn't use him, and he was sad and alone.

Now he's happy and having fun on a twinchie, with a bunch of dies and some bubbles. Look at him, he's practically dancing!

See what I mean about scale? No way you can tell this little dude is on a 2x2 card. I've figured out a way I'm going to use this whole twinchie on a bigger card and share him with a friend, though. As always, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: