Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas time's a'comin'...




And perhaps it's coming a bit faster than I'd like, as in barreling down on me with lights flashing and speakers screaming out Christmas music. It seems like it's always here before I know it. I'm almost done my shopping, have wrapped the presents I've bought so far, and I've even finished making my cards. I still need to send them out, but hey, they're made! I'm not decorating this year, so that's one stressor off of my back. However, I am making a few presents, which I have not even started! EEEK! That's stress, given that two of them are for a gift exchange on Dec 12. Oh, well. You can only do what you can do, right? I'm going to be gentle with myself yet again this year and do what I need to do, which is spend Christmas day at home. I think this second year of holidays is hitting harder than the first one did, probably because my good buddy Mr. Denial took off, and dragged his friend Ms. Shock away with him. I feel abandoned, but I'll pull through. And before I get all sappy and sad, dragging others down with me, let's head back to happier topics, shall we? Guylou is having another challenge at her store. This time, the challenge is to make a Christmas card using one of her images. Super easy peesy, right? I mean, heck, even if you are done the ones for this year, you can get a jump start on next year's cards! I'm not kidding. Really. Every year, I plan to do just that. I plan to make several Christmas cards per month so that I have them all done by Thanksgiving. Ha! Like that ever works. However, life is better with goals. They help you move forward. So, add making a card for her challenge to your list of holiday goals. Go ahead. Do it. I dare you. And since I wouldn't dare someone to do something I wouldn't do myself, I've added my cards to this blog post. Chuck as an elf makes me smile. I paper pieced his outfit. The little cowboy snowman was perfect for a primarily white card. Both images are colored with copics, because I can't seem to leave those poor markers alone for five minutes.

8 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

Gina, wonderful as always! Love, Love, Love how you did the snowman! Great with the all white background!

Trina said...

Ooh, I like these cards very much! But umm, I thought we weren't supposed to post these til the 3rd? :)

Brenda said...

Hey Gina, these are awesome as always!!! Love the white on white card. Just gorgeous!! The elf, awesome as well!! Love the design!

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Such fun and cheerful cards!! Love that your pp pieced Chuck and all that white for Snowman Cowboy makes him pop out of the card!! Awesome work!

Trina said...

I'm baaackk! I meant to tell you that I love how clean your cards look. Those little pearls in the corners are just perfect on both cards.

dale said...

Wonderful cards Gina. Love the paper piecing on Chuck. Love how the white on white really makes the snowman pop with his vest and hat.

Unknown said...

Super cute cards! :)

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Are you getting tired of me just FAWNING over your stuff? Does my jealousy at your obvious talent make you want some space?=)