Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

I'm headed to my aunt and uncle's house tomorrow to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. She's always telling me that she doesn't need much, but on a fixed income, I know that she appreciates all that she gets to "help out." She gets her medications and some fun stuff from Walmart, so I stopped there to get her a gift card. I also made her a card, which I showed you a few posts ago. Tonight, I decided to make her a cute little notebook. I snagged the idea from another blogger but can't seem to find the post to give her credit. Sorry about that! I hate when I do that; it makes me irritated at myself because people should get credit for the ideas they give me. Anyway, the idea was to take one of the little notebooks with matching pen from Michael's dollar spot and fancy it up. So, that's what I did. Check it out:
The little notebook came with that pretty blue flower pattern. I added a new stamp that I also got at Michael's and colored up with copics. I added some bling to the image with my stardust pens, but it's hard to see. Then I cut it out with spellbinders nesties, and stamped a sentiment and cut it out with my spellbinders labels. I inked around the edges to make them pop a little more. I added some flowers and pearls from my stash, some white leaves from the Dollar Tree, and ta-da!

Here's a closer look at this cute stamp:
Adorable, right? I should note that I adhered everything with KI Gloo, because that stuff is like cement. Once it dries, it holds EVERYTHING. I don't think anything is going to pop off of her little notebook, even if she shoves it down inside the very bottom of her purse.

That's all I've got tonight. I should hit the hay soon. 8:00 comes early, and that's what time I need to get up to make the two hour drive and be there in time for the festivities. Have a wonderful, blessed Easter weekend. Feel free to send me some of your extra chocolate.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Great little notebook! THat stamp is fab!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Kim Kelley said...

So cute! Love how the coloring turned out! HUGS

Tracy S said...

I know your Gram will love this. I hope you are having a great time with her celebrating today!

Chana Malkah said...

Nice Duckie! I am sure your Grams was delighted!

Chana