Monday, May 28, 2012

You say it's your birthday...

Na na na na...oh, wait, it's not my birthday, too. However, it is my friend Sara and her husband Rob's birthdays. His just passed and hers is a week from today. They invited me to a birthday BBQ at their house on Saturday, so I braved the holiday traffic on I-95 and I went. I am so glad that I did. I had a great time. I met lots of people, ate some great food, surprised Sara so much with my presence that I thought she'd have a heart attack...you know, stuff like that. Rob and I arranged it all and she had no idea I was coming to the party. She thought it was too far away (the drive takes from 2.5-3.5 hours, depending on traffic). When I got there, Sara and Rob were still getting ready for the party. Her friend Karen was already there, and sat me down on the couch in the "chocolate" room (the walls are painted a warm brown). She went to get Sara. Shortly thereafter, the bedroom door opened, and out walked Sara. She proceeded to walk right past me. Everyone was trying to get her turned around, but chick was on a mission. I finally called out to her, she turned around, saw me, and we had a mini blubber fest with some prolonged hugs and such. Anyway, I'm glad I was there to share her special party with her. Happy Birthday, Sara and Rob!

Here's the cards I made for them:

3 comments:

Trina said...

Live these cards! I knew she'd be a mess about you being there! Glad you had a good time in addition to making her day!

Carla S. said...

Great cards for Sara and Rob, Gina! How special you got to be there for their celebration!

Kim Kelley said...

So glad you went! Sounds like a fun time for all! Adorable cards too! HUGS