Friday, June 1, 2012

TAG, you're it!

It's time for another challenge at Guylou's Inimitability. This one's easy peasy for most, but not so much for me. All you gotta do is make a tag. That's all. For some reason, this teeny, tiny task always gets blown out of proportion for me. I just have a hard time making them. This time, though, everything seemed to come together. I picked my image, found some fabric and fun embellishments, and broke out my new distress markers to color. They will definitely take some practice!!! I'm so used to copics, and these are a whole different animal altogether. Anyway, here's what I've got:

I used Nounours, printed him on watercolor paper, colored with distress markers, and added glossy accents to his nose and eyes. The tag was cut with a Magnolia doohickey die. Fabric is from my stash. The button ringed in brown is an antique one that I got in a lot in Gettysburg. For once, that's all I've got to say. I know, you are not used to short posts from me, are you? Now it's your turn. Go make a tag and post it to Guylou's Inimitability. Details are on the blog.

I'd like to enter this card in the Cutie Pie Challenge Blog to use punches or die cuts. The tag itself is a die from Magnolia. The key printed tissue paper behind the bear was punched with a Creative Memories square stamp-looking punch. I can't remember what it's called; I've had it for what seems like a gazillion years!

9 comments:

Carla S. said...

Your tag is so cute, Gina! Love the sweet bear and all the neat details you added!

Kim Kelley said...

AWWWW this is adorable! Love the way this little guy turned out! HUGS

stefani said...

Cute tag! :-)

Roxann said...

Your tag is adorable and so creative! I love it! FAB coloring, too.
Hugz,
Roxann

Trina said...

Tags are hard for me too! I really love the embellishments you added! Hope you're loving your new markers!

Chana Malkah said...

Gina, your tag is adorable! I love this image and your design definitely shows him off in his best light. Very nicely done!
Hugz,
Chana

Sue Nicholson said...

Great lovely cute image, fab tag layout . Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge, good luck, cheers Sue N x

Pysselbus said...

Ohh, such a pretty tag!! The bear is just too cute, and so perfectly colored!!

Thank's for your sweet comment on my DigiBells B'nW-card! *smile*

Hugs
Linda

Tracy S said...

Super cute tag girl. I really love the plaid ( fabric?) and the embellies.. It looks all vintage. Great coloring on the bear too.