Saturday, September 1, 2012

Whoa, that was a heck of a hiatus

Sorry about that. Not that anyone noticed! LOL. I haven't been creating at all. Tonight was the first night that I plopped my fluffy butt at my scrap desk in ages. Unfortunately, it wasn't to make a fun, happy card. Two of my aunts lost their dogs in the last week and a half. First, my Aunt Fleabites' dog Bear died from lung cancer. Then my Aunt Connie's dog Tigger's kidneys failed and she had to make the tough decision to put him down on Friday. I know from personal experience how hard it is to lose our children in the fur coats. I still miss my cat Boo (a.k.a. Wolhemina Pretty Face - don't ask), even though she's been gone since 2006. Anyway, I wanted to send cards to both of them, to let them know I was thinking of them and sending them a hug.

This is the first card, for my Aunt Freda (Fleabites).


Papers are Memory Box "Minuet". Image is a Magnolia stamp, stamped in black Memento ink on Cryogen and colored with copics. The ribbon is just some stuff I got at Michael's. I used baby blue liquid pearls because I couldn't find any light blue pearls in my stash (I know, surprising, right? Especially given that I have a HUGE stash).

For once, I didn't use an image I had precolored, so I can tell you the copics I used. Here goes:
Skin: E11, E00, E000, R20 for cheeks
Hair and puppy: E25, E31, E50
Shirt: Y15, Y11, Y000, RV23, RV21, RV000
Jumper: G24, G21, YG11
Shoes: E25, E23, E31

Now I have to make a card for my other aunt. I'm trying to decide if I want to use a stamp or a really cute pic I have of her dog.

I hope it doesn't take me forever to post again. I've got a crop next weekend, plus some events coming up for which I'll need cards, so you might actually see me again before too long!


3 comments:

Two Dogs and a Book said...

How sad!!! Your card will bring them comfort. It is beautiful!!!
Hugs!
G

Carla S. said...

So sorry to hear thet your aunts lost their fur children, Gina. It's so hard to lose our beloved pets. They are part of the family. Beautiful card for the occasion. I am sure your aunt will appreciate your thoughtful and handmade remembrance. Great to see you back, BTW!

Kim Kelley said...

I noticed! Glad to see you back! So sorry about the furbabies of your Aunt's. Always so sad! But still good to see your fantastic projects! HUGS