Sunday, April 28, 2013

Third time's the charm!

Or wait, is it the fourth time for me? Hmmm....I can't remember. Anyway, I'm trying out once again to be a GDT on the Whimsy Team. There's a multitude of reasons to give this spot another shot, but I'll just give you a few: 1) they're talented, which means it'd be an honor to have my work showcased with theirs; 2) it's a chance to express my creativity on a wider scale; 3) I love Whimsy's products. They have wonderful artists designing for them, with things like adorable stamps, pretty papers, and fun dies. It'd be fun to play along with all of the cool new products!

I made this card below with one of their newer stamps, illustrated by the immensely talented Elisabeth Bell. As you know, I've been a fan of hers for a really long time. My dear friend Sara blessed me with this stamp for my birthday. Isn't she too cute? And even though she has a little bunny and chick friends, I think she's great for occasions other than Easter. In this case, she's showcased on a Mother's Day card:
In real life, the colors are a little brighter, but it's too dark right now to get a picture in natural light and I won't have a chance to do so before the DT call is over. Darn work, expecting me to be there during the day! LOL. Anyway, this cutie is called Strawberry Swing, and you can find her HERE. I colored her with copics. Flowers are Prima and the Dollar Store. Papers are Fruit Stand from Doodlebug. The bow is seam binding. I used  die to cut the vines and I got the doily in a lot off of ebay. I think that about covers it!

This card is also for the following challenges:
Critter Sketch: use buttons
Cardabilities: sketch #73
7 Kids Challenge: April Showers bring May Flowers
Simon Says: Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss: Ribbons and Pearls

As always, thanks for looking. I hope you had a fantastic weekend! (Oh, and wish me luck, please!)

Edited to add: Many thanks to those of you who clicked on the link to my card for the Cardabilities challenge. Thanks to you, I was a featured designer. You rock! THANKS!

13 comments:

Dewi Lestari said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining at Critter Sketch: Buttons
Hugs
Dewi
PS. I have a birthday candy here http://sundaymorningcard.blogspot.com/2013/04/birthday-candy.html
Come and join

sgc said...

This card is adorable--and I hope it gets you a spot on the design team! Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

Carla S. said...

Your card is gorgeous, Gina! I love all the layers and details and the image is so sweet! Great coloring and design! Good luck with the call!

Lynn said...

Beautiful card. I love the use of the square doily and that darling image. So sweet. Thanks for sharing at Cardabilities.

June Houck said...

Gina, good luck with your Whimsy team submission! Your flowers, buttons, and ribbon are so pretty and I love the square doily too. I adore blue and yellow together, so this card really makes me happy.

Sara I. said...

Absolutely stunning girl - just adore those papers and colors. Beautifully colored and the hints of gingham and doily are just perfect with her. Love this to pieces!!!

cheiron said...

Super sweet. I love all the gorgeous flowers. Thanks for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Hazel said...

Hi Gina

Such a beautiful card - I love the Elisabeth Image - might just have to get her!

Thank you for joining us over at Totally Gorjuss and I wish you the very best of luck.

I hope you will join in the fun with us on our next challenge.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Toodle Pip

Hazel x

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet, love the gorgeous image, very pretty card, good luck with your DT Call
Hugs Julie P

Kelly said...

Good luck with the Whimsy team! Your card is fabulous and so sweet. Love your image too.
Hugs Kelly

Shannon White said...

So Cute & Cheery! Love the Sunny colors! Thank you so much for entering the www.7kidscollegefund.com Challenge! 8-)

Carla S. said...

Congratulations on making the Whimsy GDT, Gina! Looking forward to seeing your fantastic creations!

Petti said...

Awesome card with lots of details!