Thursday, May 9, 2013

Yay, yay, yay!!! Did I say, "Yay!!!"

Finally!!! I can do the happy dance (feel lucky that you can't see it. I have no rhythm at all). I will be the guest DT member for Whimsy's rubber stamp release in June! I am beyond excited. I can't wait to get started, play with new goodies, and showcase my work alongside such a talented DT. What an honor. Yeah, my cats are looking at me funny, as I do the excited butt wiggle and try to type at the same time. Not an image you want in your head, I'm sure, so let's move on to other things.

What are you doing for your mom (or the mother figure in your life) for Mother's Day? And if you're a mom, what are your family's plans to spoil you? We took my mom to dinner last night, as she will be out of town as of tomorrow morning. I had fun coloring an image for her Mom's Day card while I was visiting my friend Sara over the last few days. I kept the card clean and simple this time. Gimme some kudos, please, because you know that is hard for me. And to keep a card CAS and actually like how it turned out? Well, that's pretty much a miracle!

Ok, ok. I'll shut up and show you the card.
The adorably sweet image is a Wee Stamp by Sylvia Zet from Whimsy. Isn't she precious? I added flowersoft after coloring her up with my copics. Sara and I critique each other's work as we color, which is awesome. I love that, and I love that we can bounce ideas off of each other and learn from each other. Well, she advised me to blend her hair a bit more and I said no. Man, I'm an idiot sometimes. Yes, Sara, I am saying that you were right. Oh, well. My mom liked her, and that's all that matters. And I actually like the overall design of the card, which is shocking. I really do have such a hard time with CAS cards and admire the people who do them so well.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope your Mother's Day is fantabulous!!!

12 comments:

Carla S. said...

Congrats, again, Gina! So happy for you! Your card is so sweet! Love the image and the wonderful design!

loz said...

Fabulous card and gorgeous image..Loz
Congratulations on Being a Guest DT for Whimseys..

jokes-hobbyhof said...

Its a beautiful card.

greetz Joke

Karen said...

What a precious card! Congrats on your GDT.

Karen

Kelly said...

Very beautiful card and congratulaitons on your GDT spot at Whimsy!!
Hugs Kelly

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely card, Regina. This Wee stamp is just adorable.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Norma said...

Regina, you and me both--CAS is just not my style. I do miss your flowers, but nevertheless your card is gorgeous. Love this cute image and the wee bit of texture with the flower soft. Wonderful layout and such pretty DP's.
Hugs,
Norma

Christina C. said...

Congratulations!!!!! Adorable card....love the flower soft!

Unknown said...

Wow lovely and sweet card.
Francy

Sara I. said...

No one deserves this more than you and I'm so happy for you!! Gorgeous coloring ;) and love the flower soft. Awesome design, too. Heheh, you had me cracking up about her hair - was this done on Monday? wink, wink!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow, love your beautiful coloring on this image Gina. You did a fabulous job and the contrast of DP pick is just as wonderful :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

Love the colours and pretty paper, just beautiful
Hugs Julie P