Monday, February 6, 2017

Getting all Zombie-fied, Walking Dead style

So, if you know me, you know I'm a big Walking Dead fan. I hesitated to watch it. Yes, that's true. I didn't get the love of all things zombie. I was pretty much coerced, pushed, and shoved down in front of the tv by the well-meaning words of friends and family. Turns out, they knew better than me what I'd like (shh...don't TELL them!). I was hooked from episode 2. Yeah, epi 1 didn't grab me as much as the second one did. And then I was off and binge-watching to catch up. Now I'm one of those people watching the calendar, wondering when I will once again get to feel my heart go pitter patter for Daryl Dixon.

Yes. Daryl Dixon. The one who is totally not my type. Until the episode where he gave Carol the Cherokee Rose, that is. That did it. The heart did that pitter patter thing, then melted all over the place, and it was just a huge mess to clean up. Well, my friend and her daughter are also fans of the hunky Daryl, so when I saw this image by Krista of Saturated Canary, I had to have her. Check her out:
I love her. Love her! She's called "Arrow Zombie" and to me, is a huge nod to the man, Daryl Dixon. Well, yeah...her shirt even says so. I colored this beauty with copics. The sad news is that Krista's store is no more. I feel so blessed that I grabbed her before the shop closed it's internet "doors." She makes me smile with her creepy cuteness. Is that a thing?!?

Let's see, what else can I tell you? I snagged the burlap flower at Hobby Lobby. The radioactive hazard paper is Recollections, and I think the zombie sticker is, too. I threw some cheesecloth on there and used black Nuvo drops. I made this card a few months ago, so I'm sorry I can't be more specific. As usual, I'm late to the party of posting. Sigh. What else is new?!?

1 comment:

Tracy S said...

This is soooo phenomenal. Her skin is perfection. I love all the colors you used for her. I can't believe you were able to use bright colors on a zombie card and made it totally work. You are a magician!