Monday, February 13, 2017

Look, it's me again!

Are you shocked? I don't blog in AGES and then come back here with three (four? I lost count) posts in less than 2 months. Shocker, I know. I'm trying, though. I promise, I'm trying. I've been crafting like a madwoman but didn't take the time to upload any of it here, although you can find most of it on Pinterest.

Anyway, let's get down to it. Today, I have a new card to show you. I'm super excited because it challenged me to work with more limited supplies than usual. I have a craft room. Yes, I am spoiled. Friends have compared my craft room to a well-stocked store (so why does it always feel like I never have what I need?). Unfortunately, my craft room is currently under siege by a nine pound, howling, ticked off siamese cat. She had radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroidism and needs to be in isolation, so I can't spend more than a half hour total with her per day (insert huge sad face here, with hysterical tears). I can finally free her on Wednesday night! Woot woot.

I digress. Back to it. I had packed up a bunch of stuff for a crop this weekend, including my copics and some pre-stamped images. I was a coloring fool on Saturday and one image just called to me to be put on a card. Check him out:
Isn't he cute? This guy is called Dragon Luka. He's a fave of mine from La La Land Crafts, and you can find him right HERE. You'd better hurry, though. He's on the retirement list and once he is gone, he's gone. Who would want to miss out on this adorable little guy?!? He just calls out to be colored up, doesn't he? I used copics, of course.
Costume: YR12, YR15, YR18 and YR20, with paws, claws, spots and horns in BG09, BG07, BG05, BG02 (spots are also highlighted with glossy accents). His skin is in my usual combo: E000, E00, E04, E11, E21 and cheeks are R20. 

I colored lots of La La Land images recently, but he's the one who was calling to me. These guys are waiting to go on a card yet:
I know you're not surprised that this post is long. Everyone knows what a chatterbox I can be. I should shut up now, though, and just get to the card. Again, I had limited supplies. My die-cutting machines (including my Scan N Cut and my Cuttlebug and Grand Calibur) were all upstairs, locked away from me. My button collection is upstairs. I basically had to make do with what I had in my crop bag. All of those excuses have now been vocalized, so I can also say that I am very happy with how this guy turned out. I think I need to challenge myself more often!!!
Tell me, what do you think? I appreciate any feedback; it only makes a person better. Have an awesome, inky day, and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Tracy S said...

You finally caved and got on Pinterest!!! Say what!! I followed you right away. This little guy is adorbs. I love the texture you gave him with the dotting. He makes me smile.