Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas with Mari Ko creations and more

It's official. I'm terrible about this Christmas card thing. Every year, I buy more stamps; I buy more stamps than I could possibly use on several years' worth of Christmas cards. I buy paper. I buy embellishments. I plan cards. I make lists of where I'll send them. I color images (or at least stamp them off). That, my friends, is where it stops. If I get ten cards together, I'm lucky. I don't know what's happening with me. Maybe it's the holiday hubbub and getting caught up in other stuff. This year, I could even use the excuse that the need for sympathy cards jumped to the top of the list (unfortunately). It's just an excuse, though. I need to admit it. Here. Publicly. I am terrible about the Christmas card thing. I wholeheartedly suck at it.

That being said, I did manage a few this year. I joined a few swaps and a card was a requirement, so I knocked some out for that. I also wanted to play with my box card die from Lawn Fawn. I needed to make some cards for the Mari Ko DT (always fun to do). Every single image I used on the below cards was new to me this year. I have images from last year (and years prior) that I have yet to use, but everyone needs something new, right? lol

Here goes:

Let's start with this little guy because...Oh my. How stinkin' cute. This is an adorable little Unicorn from Mari Ko creations. You can find her right here. I colored her up with copics, adding Journey Glaze to her eyes and the lights. I did the background with Distress Inks (I need more oxides. It's a NEED, I tell you!). I wanted to keep her kind of simple. I think I managed that, although it's difficult for me.

While working with Mari Ko's images already, I decided I just had to throw another one into the mix.
The front closes so it looks like an iphone case. lol. Again, rather simple but hopefully effective and fun for the recipient.

I placed an order with CC Designs this year. They have some of my favorite images right now. Beyond precious stuff over there. Go see here.
This one was for one of my secret sister swaps. I wanted to make a little snow scene like these cuties were playing in the snow together. They were so easy to color and I love their little frolicking selves. What's not to love about them? You know you need them. They have so many cute Christmas images over there. I might have bought a few more (or maybe more than a few).











Then I had another secret sister. She's big into camping. I mean, loves it! I didn't have any camping stamps. At first, nothing grabbed me when I hit the great and powerful Google. And then....


Come on! Look at him!!!! He's roasting marshmallows with his own fire. It's no secret that I love cutesy dragon images. I have loved dragons since I was young (I'm going to digress here, but hello, Game of Thrones and dragon awesomeness). I pulled out some pink and green Christmas paper and embellies, and went to town with him. I just love him! He is calling to me to try a black or purple dragon. Maybe dark grey with purple stripes?!?! My brother's birthday is on Jan 3. He is also a huge dragon fan. Hmmmmmm.....





And finally, I pulled out my Lawn Fawn scalloped box die. I am so in love with it that I haven't even used my magic slider or shadow box dies yet. They're calling out to me from their packages! I made four of these guys, just moving the characters around a bit. They are from a set at Simon Says Stamp. Take a peek:

If you read through this whole long post, I am impressed and appreciative. Thank you so much for taking the time. Merry Christmas. Happy holidays! I hope your days are full of love, family, friends and laughter. Oh, and crafty goodness!!! Yay for crafty goodness!!!!

No comments: