Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Accio Mr. Mojo!

I don't know where he went and I don't care. I threw out my spell and Mr. Mojo came home. Hallelujah! I had some time to create this weekend. The weather was nasty, so my plans to drive to West Virginia were postponed. Dave is still recovering from surgery, so he wasn't up for doing much (though we did go to the movies. Check out Breaking In! It was pretty good!). That left me with some time on my hands. I'm reading an awesome book (another thing to check out if you haven't read it already. I'm late to the bus on this one. The Book Thief is thought provoking and so well written). However, I just couldn't sit still anymore. Ideas were running through my brain and had to come out. They were like the little winged keys in Harry Potter. You know the ones. Poke, poke, poke. OUCH. And then you get the right one and it opens all kinds of doors.

I hightailed it up to my craft room. I had precolored a bunch of Harry Potter images and they were doing a little dance, calling me. It helps that I needed to make a Harry Potter card for a swap partner, I think. But, shh...don't tell her that. I haven't mailed my swap yet.

These little guys got moved all around until I found a configuration I liked. It involved a lot of clear acetate to make them stand higher.



I started with the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Die. I printed some Harry Potter newspaper images from Google. I had to resize them in Word to make them super tiny. I used a Golden Snitch die from Character World, while the Dobby die cut, papers, and sign are from Paper Play. All were purchased on Simon Says Stamp.  Harry, Hermione and Ron are from The Greeting Farm. Hagrid is Sweet Stamp Shop, I believe. I have lost his packaging. As usual, they are colored with copics.

Time to whip out the copics again and color some more of these cuties! Thanks for stopping by today. I always enjoy visits. And comments!!! Please leave one.

No comments: