Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shake, shake, shake...shake your bunny booty!

Um....yeah, so I'm feeling a bit slap happy right about now, which means my mind goes in even sillier directions than normal. The title came to my head as I was shaking this shakerbox card, to see how well it worked:

This little card is for my friend's four year old son for Easter. I hope it's not too girlie. I think once he sees all of the Easter egg confetti moving around inside, he won't care. I got the confetti at Walmart for a whopping buck. I already had the image colored, so this was a pretty quick card, meaning it didn't cost much in the way of time. I used scraps I had in my scrap pile. Pretty cheap entertainment, wouldn't you say?

I also got him a few coloring books. What kid doesn't love to receive mail with his name on it? He can spell his own name now and recognize it, too, so I figured now is the perfect time to send him some mail intended just for him.

The card is for the Anyone for Anya challenge to use colors inspired by the pic on their blog. The pic is one that will get us all thinking of Easter and the fun of dyeing and then Easter egg hunting! It makes me miss the whole process with Rick. He got such a kick out of making Easter eggs. He'd write little messages for me in crayon before dyeing them. Then we'd always head to my aunt and uncle's to participate in a huge Easter bash with my family, including an Easter egg hunt, a pinata, games, and good food. Then we'd run to visit his family afterwards. It has always been one of my favorite family times. This year, I won't be around for it, but I'm sure my family will make sure that I get plenty of pictures!

Oh, and before I forget, many thanks to my pal Trina for this cute little Anya. Trina, I used my multiliners, just like you said I would!!! LOL.

7 comments:

Doodlecraft said...

She is so cute and fun! I love the Easter egg confetti in the shaker--not too girly! Great take on the challenge, thanks for joining us this week at Anyone for Anya! :)

Christa said...

wow great card you have made, thank you for joining us at Afa hugs christa DT AFA

Trina said...

Adorable! I'm sure he'll love this GIRLY card! :D

Brenda said...

Love your shaker card!! He will love it!!

Tracy S said...

What a fun card.. I am sure he will get a total kick out of shaking it up and watching the eggs move around. Love it!

maribeth27 said...

Wow! Your shaker card is adorable! Love the egg confetti!
Hugs, Maribeth AFA DT

Susan said...

Gorgeous shaker card! Love the cute ribbon too! Thanks for joining in the colour challenge at AFA? this week.
Susan xxox AFA DT
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/