Monday, April 11, 2011

So, I lied...

I told my friends earlier today that I wasn't going to make any more Easter cards. I said I didn't have time. If I thought it was the truth, does it still count as a lie? Basically, I figured on running certain errands tonight in preparation for my trip. I won't bore you with details. Suffice it to say that banks don't always have money and now I have to go back there on Wednesday. I thought I needed to head to the store for some things, but found out that I have them all at home, and so on. That's enough info on that. Anyhow, the unexpected free time allowed me to finish another Easter card. Really, it wasn't free time...I should have been cleaning my house. Who feels like cleaning when Mr. Mojo visits, though???

My mojo tonight came from two places: 1) this adorable stamp from Stampavie. Yes, I used it on an earlier card, too. I can't help it. This little chick is too cute for words; and 2) the great sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. It's sketch #96 this week.

I colored the image with copics. My friend Tracy inspired me to use tiny ribbons to tie up bigger ribbon. I took some sheer yellow ribbon, added lavender crinkly ribbon on top of it, then cinched it together with three thin purple ribbon pieces. I got the pom pom ribbon on clearance at Hancock Fabrics ages ago. The yellow flower seam binding came in a basket of odds and ends from an antique store, still in it's original wrapper with the original 20 cent price tag on it. The sentiment is from Whiff of Joy. Papers are prima and bazzill. I think that about covers it! Once again, thanks for stopping by. Have a fabulous day!

10 comments:

sweetbloominscraps said...

So glad you had time to do another Easter card! I love this one and haven't seen it before! Your sentiment is perfect with this happy image! I love the pansies. I purchased $36 worth of pansies to plant at my parents home and the deer ate them over night! But yours are gorgeous and remind me of my favorite one....white with deep purple centers! Love all your detail on your card! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

Judi SSW DT

mulberry station said...

Gina, I just love all your added ribbons and the pom poms. That is such a cute idea. Your image is so sweet. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week.
Nancy SSw-DT

Brenda said...

Gina, I love your ribbons and pom poms! Darling card. I am glad you had time for another one!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous!! I love the ribbon treatment and pom poms are my favorite!! Thanks for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Star said...

A little lie is ok when it results in such a fab creation! =) Great card...it's so adorable!

Tracy S said...

aweee I inspired you. That made me smile :)
This is adorable and I LOVE what you did with the trim and ribbon. This image is adorable too. Really like how you colored the flowers to look like pansies. CUTE!

Kathie said...

Hi Gina, its good to see you again. I love your card and that super cute image is just lovely. Your idea with the ribbon is awesome I must try it. Love those Pom Poms but I'm unable to buy white ones here at present I must keep looking. Great job I just adore this card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team

Maria Matter said...

awww, so sweet! love the little pom pom balls, this is fabulous!
hugs

Trina said...

I swear I thought I left a comment on this cutie the other day... Anyway, congrats on your win!! :D

The Scrappy Cottage said...

How adorable is this sweet card....