Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy sunny birthday, Dale!

My friend Dale celebrated her birthday this past Monday, but I couldn't post the card til she got it in the mail. It finally showed up yesterday. I guess I'll look at that in a positive light and say she got to extend her birthday by a day that way!
Dale loves yellow and all things vintage, so I overloaded on the yellow, then threw in some vintage touches (an old button, some pins, and old lace). She also loves red, but I couldn't make that fly with the softer feel of this card. Oh, well.

She has been an amazing friend to me for the last few years that I have known her. She's got a great spirit, a fabulous sense of humor, and a loving heart. She's got to have tons of patience, too...she has little ones running around her house constantly! I love kids, but I don't know if I'd have the patience for that (which is one of the reasons why I didn't have any! LOL). She's such an involved mom and grandma. I love to watch her videos on youtube, where she's singing with her family or doing little lessons with her sweet granddaughter Emma. Each video makes me smile. Happy Birthday, Dale! LUG!!!

So, anyway, thanks once again for looking. Have a fabulous day!

5 comments:

Sara I. said...

I'm sure Dale adored it!! It's beautiful -all the embellies you chose are perfect together :)

Roxann said...

So pretty and truly vintage looking! Love it and so will Dale.

Brenda said...

Wow Gina, such a gorgeous, vintage card. Looks perfect for Dale!! Love all the layered goodness!!
Hugs~Bren

Star said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the pin and the cute little fabric swatches!! Just so pretty... =D

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just beautiful, gorgeous work hugs pops x