Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chloe is definitely a cutie!

I first saw this Elisabeth Bell image on her blog a while ago. I asked her if she was going to sell her as a stamp, and she told me that a company would have to "pick her up". Not too much later, Whimsy Stamps did just that! Chloe and the other Cottage Cuties came out just in time for my birthday. Imagine my excitement when my mom gave me a gift card to Whimsy that allowed me to get the first four cuties. Yes, I admit it. I was dancing all around and clapping my hands like the overgrown child that I am. And yes, I treated myself to the other two today, so now I will have them all. Anyway, despite the total and utter cuteness that is every single one of the Cottage Cuties (they're so aptly named), Chloe remains my favorite. Needless to say, I had to color her up first.
I tried some rolled roses with paper this time. Well, let's just say that they are SO MUCH easier with felt. The paper was just heavy and stiff. Perhaps I should get it slightly damp next time? But then wouldn't it stick together? Yeah, I think I'll just go back to felt. I colored sweet little Chloe with my copics (of course. Let's face it. I'm addicted). Here's a closer look at her adorable self:
Dontcha wanna go grab some apples with her? She reminds me so much of my niece Gabby, who also has flyaway hair, adorable freckles, and big eyes that grab you.

Papers are My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody (Miss Caroline). Love them! Everything else is pretty much from my stash. I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday: sketch (3/24)
Simon Says Stamp: bingo - lace, ribbon, flowers (3/28)
Stamptacular Sunday: use buttons. I used three (as flower centers) (3/24)
Elphine House: rain or shine. I chose sunshine! If you look closely, you can even see the little bit of yellow in the upper left corner of the image (sun rays peeking through the clouds; I used chalks to make the sky and rays).
Whimsy Stamps: Anything Goes (3/26)
Outlawz Monday Greeting Card: recipe challenge to use flowers, patterned paper, and ribbon (3/26)

As always, thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Sara I. said...

OMG that is just total sweetness!! Her hair is amazingly done - love those shades you chose and the apples are done awesome with the glossy on top!! The rolled roses are perfect and I love the button centers you gave them!! Gorgeous, gorgeous papers!!!

Trina said...

Super cute! Love the papers and the buttons in the flowers! Sorry about your sorry paper rolling experience... Your coloring looks fab!

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely darling--what a doll! LOVE the colors you've used and the leaf pins are fabulous! :)

Kim Kelley said...

Love it Gina! You colored her beautifuly! Love the soft feel you created...she looks like she is going to step right off the card! I have the first 4 and will be ordered the other 2 ASAP! Love them! HUGS

Beate said...

Great job with Chloe. I love that image.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

She's a delight! Very pretty card, Thanks so much for joining in with us at Elphine House this time
Hugs Julie P

Tracy S said...

Such cuteness indeed. I love the cool rolled flowers with the button centers. Good job with the grass as well. Such pretty papers and that lace is amazing! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous work of art with us.

Sarah said...

Such a gorgeous card Gina, I love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps, good luck with the challenge x

Becca Fabozzi said...

Gorgeous card, love the image. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp.

Anonymous said...

Adorable image and card design!! Love the colors and layout!! :) Thanks for playing along with us at the Elphine House Challenges! Hope that you will join us again in the next challenge and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

Janneke said...

Ow this card is amazing!
Thank you for joining us at Elphine House Australia ;o)

Janneke XO