Thursday, March 1, 2012

Grab your wings and fly!

It's time for another challenge at Guylou's Inimitability. This time, it was my friend Sara's turn to play host. Unfortunately, Sara recently had to step down from the DT. We sure do miss her, and in honor or her, we're going forward with her challenge idea. All you have to do is make a project that features something with wings. That's it! Things with wings!!

For my project, I used this adorable fairy. She makes me smile.
 It's hard to tell in the pic, but I added some bling to all of the flowers. The image was colored with copics. I wanted her to be bright and happy, and really capture the eye, so I went for some really saturated color. I also tried to keep the card mostly flat, as it will be sent to Operation Write Home so a soldier can wish his/her mom a wonderful Mother's Day.

You have until 10 pm EST on Thursday, March 15th to enter your project featuring things with wings. You could win a $10 gift card to Guylou's store, as well as the opportunity to appear as a guest designer on a future challenge!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to welcome Roxann to our team. She's been an active participant in our challenges and has guest DT'ed a time or two. We're happy to have her on our team permanently! You can check out her blog to see just how lucky we are to get such a great talent and a great personality. The link is in my left sidebar. Welcome to G's DT family, Roxann!

Happy crafting!

Oh, my goodness! I almost forgot. I know I've told you in the past about G's generosity. Well, she's decided to help out all of you wonderful people in blogland. She's giving away a freebie, for 24 hours only on March 2nd. Just go to www.guylou.com on March 2nd, add the fairy bear to your cart, and enter the code 201203-FAIRY-BEAR to get her for FREE. She's perfect for this challenge, too!

5 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

So sweet Gina! Great card for a Mother! Wonderful coloring! HUGS!!!

Tracy S said...

Super cute! I love the dotted ground you made for her to stand on. It reminds me of flower petals.

Tracy S said...

So cute! I really like the use of the pearls on the nestie, great touch. Also how you turned this into a Mother's Day card. Good thinkin'!

Sara I. said...

I sure do miss you guys!!! You did a fabulous job on your card Gina - the coloring is outstanding and love the die cut you used for her - the pink pearls and ribbon are the perfect touches!!

Chana Malkah said...

Sorry I'm so late getting here to comment on your wonderful project! I just love the image and of course you colored it perfectly! So nice to be your teamie!

Be well,
Chana