Sunday, November 21, 2010

Giving thanks


There's a great challenge going on over at 7 Kids College Fund to make a thank-you card using an image from the store. Although I am thankful every day for the blessings in my life and try very hard to keep a positive attitude (yes, it deserts me quite a bit sometimes, but I try!), I don't tend to make thank you cards. I don't give out cards at Thanksgiving and often thank people only verbally or through some small token. This challenge made me think about the people in my life for whom I am thankful...it also challenged me to make a thank you card that can be used for Christmas. Fact is, I've been trying to get my Christmas cards done for weeks now and I've still got quite a few to go. The challenge at 7 Kids helped me to get one more card knocked off the list. I love this little Magnolia image called "Tilda wants a hug." I used Basic Grey's new Christmas line of papers called Jovial. I love that it has so much black...such a nontraditional color for Christmas and yet so elegant! Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The little red berries were a gift from my friend Tracy. Image colored with copics. The little white tag says "hugs." Oh, and a special thanks to my friend Brenda for telling me about the 7 Kids Challenge blog. I've purchased from the store before, but had somehow missed the blog. Now I'm a follower and hope to play along on other challenges, too. Head on over and see what challenges inspire you!

No comments: