Monday, November 15, 2010

Oh....a shiny...I mean, a comfy....


Yeah, yeah, that's it. The challenge at Belles n Whistles new challenge blog was to create a card using something soft and cozy. On this card, I used flower soft for the oats and liquid applique for the "fur" on the elf's outfit. It's hard to tell, but I also blinged it up with my red stardust pen on the berries and my green stardust pen on the leaves. As usual, the image was colored with copics. Believe it or not, those fab flowers came from the dollar store! I went back a few times, but they're all gone. The leaves were white...I shot them with some glimmer mist. The red mat and green background paper are DCWV specialty stack. They're really shiny, but it's hard to tell in the pic. I embossed the green background with one of the adorable Basic Grey folders. If you want to play along, you've still got time. The challenge ends on November 22. Check it out here: http://www.bnwchallenges.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Tracy S said...

oh my my how totally stinkin' cute is this? Makes me smile!! I love the embossing on the shiny paper, the glimmer misted leaves... the roses, the fs for the oats... the image.. OK I love the card, can you tell?? Great job girl/

Brenda said...

Just darling. I love the design, the papers, the embossing folder, well just everything!! Great card Gina!

Kim said...

Gina is this is adorable hun! What a beauty you have done with this BnW stamp! Love it to pieces!!!
Hugs~ Kim

dstandard said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

adorable! two thumbs up!

Anki said...

Wonderful - I'm need to ink this cutie up as well. Kramis - Anki

Two Dogs and a Book said...

I love this card!!! Everything about it is beautiful!!! You are such an artist!!