Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses

I recently found this great pack of Heidi Swapp papers at Tuesday Morning for a whopping $2.99. Since I am really in the mood for spring, this pack of pastels had to come home with me. This is the first card I've made with the pack. It's for a dear friend who is going through a rough patch. I just want her to know that she's on my mind and I'm sending positive thoughts her way.

I colored this little cutie with copics. She's from Mo's Digital Pencil (although I got her in the acrylic version). I'm entering her in Mo's Digital Pencil challenge. The theme this week is "oh, baby!" She's a cute little baby. Well, really, probably a toddler, but they're still babies, right??? If not, don't disillusion me, k?
The design of the card is based on the sketch at Mojo Monday. The options for square or round cards were offered this time around, and I picked square. My card is 6x6. As previously mentioned, papers are Heidi Swapp. The ribbon was on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I used an EK Success scallop border punch, distressed some edges with my Heidi Swapp edge distresser, and added some buttons. The colors are actually more vibrant in real life, but I wanted to get her into an envie and sent off, so I am not waiting til tomorrow for better lighting. Besides, I'm not really sure we'll have better lighting tomorrow. It's raining to beat the band here in my little corner of Maryland. Blech.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

What a cutie! Toddlers are still babies, you are right Gina!! Great card, great design!

Charlene said...

Gina, this card is just too cute. Love that new paper...perfect for this adorable little girl. I'm sure your friend is going to love it.

Pat said...

Hi Gina...what an adorable card!! I have several Mo Manning images in rubber & acrylic...and, I have to admit, I love 'em all!! And believe me, my "library" just keeps growing! LOL!! Your coloring is so beautiful...and I love your DPs and embellies! They're the perfect backdrop for this cuties patootie! O...and toddlers are definitely babies!! hehehe! I'm so happy that you've joined us this week at Mo's! Have a great week. Pat Frank

Sara I. said...

What an adorable card, Gina! You colored her up so sweetly, and I love the sentiment, buttons and that little sheer pouch?! Too cute for words!

Dana said...

OOOhhhh!!! She is just too adorable!! Great coloring on this Mo image! I love your new papers too! Don't you just love a great find?
Hugs g/f!!
Dana

Elaine L. said...

This is so sweet, and those ribbon flowers are gorgeous! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Dawn B. said...

Gina this is so sweet.. You did a terrific job. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week..