Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Come on, warm weather!

Shew. I took a LONG nap and now my headache is gone, thank goodness. I hate headaches. Since it decided to vacate and I got a burst of energy after my nap, I got to work on that card I was talking about in my last post. Let me start by saying that I'm pretty much done with winter. I know that as far as snow accumulation goes, it's been much milder than last year. However, I'm still done. It doesn't help that Mother Nature tricks us with 70-degree days like last Friday, then throws snow at us on Monday. I mean, what the hell? Anyway, when I saw the challenge over at the Digi Bells blog to make a summertime fun card, I jumped right on it. I'm so in the mood for warmer weather.
Isn't she the cutest thing ever? I love her little pouty face and toddler chubbiness. I colored her up with copics, then cut the image out with my new spellbinders label die. I love my spellbinders! Anyway, here's how the inside of the card looks:

I made a joy fold card because I have never made one before, and one of the Digi Bells DT members (Kiki)inspired me with hers. You can find her card here. I did an online search for directions and for once, I actually scored the card properly on the first try! Despite having a scor-pal, I usually mess something up. I know it's operator error, no need to point it out.

Back to the card. I picked these papers and colors because they are bright and happy, and remind me of summer with the fresh colors and flowers. I hope you like my card. You've still got time to enter your own. Head on over to the Digi Bells DT blog for information. You can use any Elisabeth Bell image that you like. I chose one that I got at Belles N Whistles. She's called Little Eden. She's out of stock right now, but Summer makes every effort to keep the inventory up, so I'm sure she'll be back in stock soon.

Come on, warmer weather! Oh, and if summer gets here and I start complaining about those hot days, be kind to me and don't remind me that I actually wished for them, k? I mean, that'd just be rude, and you're not rude, are you???

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Gosh Gina, I am right there with you, I am so tired of Winter. It has been a hard year!!! I love your card. I think you did fabulous with this fold. I love the papers that you picked. The image is darling!! Reminds me of my little chubby Jemma!

Two Dogs and a Book said...

This is sooooooo stickin' cute!!! I just love the design and that image is sooo adorable. Love it!

hilde janbroers said...

such a sweet card...:-)

Sara I. said...

omg, i so want to go to the beach now after looking at your card Gina! you bad girl, you! LOL, adorable card!!! Super awesome paper choices, gorgeous coloring and kudos to you on your very first Joy Fold!!! Happy that you are feeling better, too!

Patricia Garcia said...

Adorable Joy fold card, I have to try it out sometime! Cute image and love the greens!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Nancy said...

that is one awesome card girlie...I absolutely love how you did the inside...I'm always one for a surprise and that is one....awesome...

Hugs
Nancy