Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Tracy!

I belong to a wonderful, giving, generous, caring circle of friends over on scrapbook.com. Tracy is in that circle with me. She is such a wonderful friend to me. Without this group of girls, I don't know if I'd have pulled through the last year and a half as well as I have. I know I am prone to drama, but in this case, I'm not exaggerating. They are a huge support system for me. They somehow always seem to make my bad traits seem good, and just accept me as I am (flying monkeys, irritability, moodiness and all). So, when Tracy's birthday rolled around, I really wanted to let her know how much I cared with a card that made me think of her. I started with Elisabeth Bell's "A Child's Prayer" image from Belles n Whistles. She makes me think of Tracy because Tracy has such a strong bond with God and is known to pray for the group whenever we need it. I added some flowers and other girlie touches to keep the card soft and pretty. Here it is:
This is my second attempt at making a shadow around the image. I think I did much better with it this time, but I'm still trying to perfect it. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, with the exception of the big rose in the center. I got that at the Dollar Store. The inside of the card says, "on your birthday and every day." I colored the image with copics. Here's the ones I used:
Tracy, I hope your birthday was fantabulous. LUG!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautimus!!! It is so pretty! I love the image, the flowers, the layout!!! Amazing work girl!

Debbie said...

Wow, that is one very beautiful card. Lovely colors.

Star said...

Beautiful card, Gina!!

Star said...

Beautiful card, Gina!!

Trina said...

Aww Gina, that is so nice! And your card is super sweet too!

Tracy S said...

Oh my goodness how did I not see this post.. It is so sweet. Thank you girl! I think this card is gonna get framed. I do not want it getting dusty and falling apart and it is way to gorgeous to go in a drawer after it gets done being displayed for all to see. I was looking at your outer shading and I think it looks really good. I think you have nailed it already.

LUG!
Tracy

Sara I. said...

This is amazing!! Love all the girly pp's and that huge satiny rose!! Love the little heart button in the bottom corner - and I'm sure Tracy loved it - its just gorgeous!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

So sweet and so sweet of you. You are such a giving pearson and you cards are such a gift to get. You so rock.......